- Cooking spray
- ½ onion, cut into large pieces
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp coriander
- 2 15-oz cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp flour
- ½ cup whole-wheat bread crumbs
- 4 hamburger buns
- ½ English cucumber, thinly sliced
- ¼- to ½-cup hummus, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 375?F and coat foil-lined baking sheet with cooking spray. Combine onion, garlic, salt, cumin, and coriander in a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped. Add chickpeas and parsley and pulse just until mixture holds together (it should still be chunky). Add flour and pulse once or twice to just combine.
2. Spread bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Form chickpea mixture into four 1"-thick patties. Dredge patties in bread crumbs, turning to coat; transfer to prepared baking sheet.
3. Mist tops of patties with cooking spray, then bake 15 minutes. Flip patties with a spatula and bake until golden, 10 to 15 minutes more. Serve on hamburger buns with sliced cucumber and hummus.
Photo Credit: Christina Holmes