Serves 4 | Total time: 40 min
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar, divided
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 14-oz package extra-firm tofu, drained and cut in 1" blocks
- 8 oz mixed-grain linguine, such as Barilla Plus
- 8 oz sugar snap peas
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut in thin strips
- ¼ cup natural-style peanut butter (no added sugar)
- 3 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 cup lower-sodium vegetable broth
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine soy sauce, 4 teaspoons of vinegar, sesame oil, sesame seeds, and honey, stirring until the honey is dissolved. Gently toss with tofu. Place tofu in a single layer in the baking dish; bake 25 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Cook the linguine according to package directions. In the last 2 minutes of cooking, add the sugar snap peas and red peppers.
- While the pasta cooks, make the sauce: Combine peanut butter, remaining vinegar, hoisin sauce, and vegetable broth in a small saucepan over high heat. Whisk and bring to a boil; immediately reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring, until the color deepens and the sauce is thick, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and toss with noodles and tofu.
More vegetarian meal ideas: