Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
You can also make this easy dish with cod, catfish or whatever other fish you like. When you shop, check out the weekly specials on fish. If you find a good sale, buy extra and freeze. Well-wrapped in freezer paper, fish may be frozen for up to three months.
What you need:
- 1 1/4 pounds fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons "light" mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons "light" sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 8 (six-inch) flour tortillas
- 3/4 to 1 cup salsa of your choice
What to do:
- Spray a shallow baking pan with cooking spray. Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Rinse and dry fish. Cut it into 1-inch slices. Place in the baking pan.
- In small bowl, stir together the olive oil, garlic powder, and cumin. Brush over the fish. Bake for 5 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and place in the oven for 5 minutes or until very warm.
- In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream and lime juice. Toss with the coleslaw mix.
- Place a warmed tortilla on a plate. Spoon coleslaw mixture onto it, then add some fish and a tablespoon or so of salsa. Fold the tortilla over the filling. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Serve immediately.
Photo Credit: Juanmonino/iStockphoto