Makes about 8 tacos
- 1½ lbs sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt, plus more to taste
- Black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 15.5-oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp cumin
- ½ cup water
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 8 taco shells
- Fresh cilantro, for topping
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF and line a baking sheet with foil. Toss sweet potatoes with olive oil, ½ tsp salt, pepper to taste, and cayenne pepper, if using. Spread on sheet. Bake until tender, about 20 minutes.
2. Combine black beans, cumin, and water in a small pot. Cook over medium, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Coarsely mash beans with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Combine avocado, sour cream, and lime juice in a food processor; puree until smooth. Dilute sauce with water if it seems too thick.
4. Fill taco shells with a scoop of beans and sweet potatoes. Top with avocado sauce and cilantro.