Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serve in toasted hamburger buns or over wedges of cornbread, and use ground lamb in place of ground beef if you prefer. Serves 6.
What you need:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup bulgur
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Chopped lettuce
- 6 kaiser rolls
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
What to do:
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef and onion until the meat is well-browned; drain off the fat.
- Stir in tomato sauce, bulgur, oregano and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes, or until thick, stirring occasionally.
- Place some lettuce into each roll, spoon in some Sloppy Joe mixture and top with cheese.