- 2 lbs chicken wings, split at the joint
- 1/4 cup cayenne pepper sauce, preferably Frank’s RedHot, plus more for serving
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 large ribs celery, cut into sticks
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Place the wings in a large pot and fill the pot with enough water to cover the wings by about 2 inches. Bring to a boil, then continue to boil for 10 minutes. Drain.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cayenne pepper sauce, lemon juice, and broth. Reserve.
4. Transfer the wings to a broiler pan and broil 5 to 6 inches from the flame, until the skin begins to blister and brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Turn the wings over and broil 4 to 5 minutes more.
5. Transfer the wings to a baking sheet, drizzle with the reserved sauce, and toss well to coat. Place the baking sheet under the broiler for 1 minute to heat the wings and sauce together.
6. Serve with extra hot sauce, celery sticks, and blue cheese dip.
Makes 4 servings.
Reprinted with permission from the publisher, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, from Comfort Food Fix by Ellie Krieger. Photography by Quentin Bacon. Copyright 2011. All rights reserved.