- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, fnely chopped
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 10-oz package frozen cut green beans, thawed
- Chopped salted peanuts, for topping
- Sriracha (optional), for topping
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high. Add onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook, stirring, until onion begins to soften, about 4 minutes.
2. Add curry powder and cook, stirring, about 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and vegetable broth, scraping brown bits from the bottom of the pot. Stir in peanut butter until incorporated. Bring to a simmer; cover and cook 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add sweet potatoes. Cover and cook 15 minutes, then add green beans and cook until potatoes and beans are tender, about 5 more minutes. Divide soup among bowls and top with peanuts and 1 tsp of Sriracha (optional) for grown-ups.
Tip: Pair with root vegetables.
Photo Credit: Christina Holmes