- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp red curry paste
- 6 oz eggplant (preferably Japanese), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 13.6-oz can coconut milk
- 3 oz rice noodles
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh basil leaves, sliced scallions, and lime wedges, for serving
1. Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium-high until melted. Stir in garlic and red curry paste until incorporated. Stir in eggplant until coated in the curry mixture; cook 3 minutes.
2. Add chicken broth and fish sauce and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer; cover and cook 8 minutes.
3. Stir in coconut milk, then add rice noodles and red pepper and cook at a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender, about 7 minutes.
4. Add shredded chicken and season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide among bowls. Top with basil and scallions and serve with lime wedges.