- 5 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup orzo
- Salt and pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice, or more to taste
- Fresh parsley for topping
1. Boil broth in a large pot. Add orzo and cook until al dente, about 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; reduce heat to a simmer.
2. Whisk eggs and lemon juice in a bowl until combined. Slowly pour ½ cup broth into egg mixture, whisking constantly. Pour egg mixture into pot, whisking constantly.
3. Simmer, stirring, until soup becomes opaque and thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. (Be careful not to boil.) Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Tip: Pair with spanakopita.
Photo Credit: Christina Holmes