- Paper towel tube
- Tin foil
- Uncooked rice
- Masking and/or duct tape in various colors
What to Do:
- Roll out a sheet of tin foil twice the length of the tube. Scrunch it together lengthwise, then twist it into a coil.
- Place the coil inside the paper tube. Tape off the bottom end of the tube and add about ¼ cup of rice. Seal the top.
- Stick two strips of duct tape together. Cut a feather shape out of the duct tape. Repeat with a different color for second feather.
- Tape on feathers.
- Adorn your new rainstick with decorative masking and duct tape.
- Tip rainstick gently at a 45-degree angle to use. Flip stick over and repeat!
Photo Credit: Merete Coleman