- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, diced
- 2 cups instant rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb frozen shrimp (shelled, deveined, thawed)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup green peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup pitted green olives
- In a large skillet, sauté the green pepper and onion in oil for 3 or 4 minutes, until soft. Add the garlic and chicken and sauté for 4 minutes, or until chicken is cooked. Add rice, broth, shrimp, turmeric, and salt.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, until the shrimp turn pink and opaque.
- Stir in the peas and olives, and cook over medium, stirring, for 2 minutes or until very hot.
Makes 4 servings
Tip: Serve paella with a sweetened-up salad! Toss spinach, walnuts, and cranberries with balsamic vinaigrette.
Photo Credit: Tara Donne