Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Like an omelet with potatoes, this is a great light supper with some whole wheat toast and a salad. You can add other vegetables too, and vary the kind of cheese. Serves 4.
What you need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium white potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
What to do:
- In a broiler-proof large skillet, measure the oil. Add potatoes, onion and ½ teaspoon of the salt and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally. Turn with a spatula and cook 5 more minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the remaining teaspoon of salt. Pour over the potatoes.
- Cook over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes, running a spatula around the edge of the skillet and lifting up the eggs so that the uncooked part flows underneath.
- When the frittata is fairly set, place under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes until the top is golden. Sprinkle with provolone, cut into wedges and serve.