Makes 4 pizzas
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Salt and pepper
- 1 5-oz package fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 8 tsp whole-wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Torn fresh basil, for topping
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Remove mushroom stems and scrape out gills with a spoon. Brush with olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Arrange gill side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet, and bake 12 minutes. Remove from oven, flip mushrooms, and pat dry.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium-high. Add spinach and cook, tossing, until leaves are wilted and liquid has evaporated. Add marinara sauce; stir to combine.
3. Fill each mushroom with 1 to 2 Tbsp spinach mixture. Sprinkle with 2 tsp bread crumbs, then add mozzarella. Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 2 minutes. Top with torn fresh basil.
Photo Credit: Ryan Liebe