Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serve this with ziti, hot cooked rice, or orzo. Serves 4.
What you need:
- 1 1/2 pounds codfish fillets (1/2-inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 (8-ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded, low-fat mozzarella cheese
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Spray a shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- Rinse the fish fillets and pat them dry. Arrange the fillets in the baking dish. Sprinkle with garlic powder and salt. Bake for 6 minutes or until done. Drain off any accumulated liquid.
- While the fish is baking, heat oil in sauté pan. Cook the vegetables for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add pizza sauce and heat briefly. Spoon sauce over the fish. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Return to the oven and bake for 1 more minute, until the cheese melts.