- Whisk together 2 cups flour, 1 Tbsp baking powder, and ½ tsp salt in a large bowl.
- Mix 1¾ cups milk and 2 Tbsp melted butter in a separate bowl, then mix in 1 beaten egg.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined (a few lumps are okay). Heat an oiled nonstick skillet over medium.
- Ladle ¼ cupfuls of batter into the skillet; cook until bubbles break the surface and the underside is golden brown.
- Flip the pancakes and cook until golden on the other side, about another minute more.
Bacon-Corn Pancakes with Cheddar Cheese
- Stir ¼ cup each crumbled cooked bacon and thawed frozen corn into the batter before cooking.
- Sandwich cooked pancakes with slices of cheddar cheese.
Pumpkin Pancakes with Cream Cheese
- Add 2 Tbsp sugar and a pinch of nutmeg to the dry ingredients.
- Replace ½ cup of the milk with ½ cup canned pumpkin puree.
- Sandwich cooked pancakes with softened cream cheese.
Chive Pancakes with Ham & Cheese
- Stir 2 Tbsp minced chives into the batter before cooking.
- Sandwich cooked pancakes with slices of ham and Havarti cheese.
Banana-chocolate-chip Pancakes with Peanut Butter
- Replace ½ cup of the milk with ½ cup mashed banana.
- Stir ¼ cup mini chocolate chips into the batter before cooking.
- Sandwich with peanut butter.
Photo Credit: Christina Holmes