For the chicken
- 2 3- to 3½-lb chickens, cut into 12 pieces (look for packages of pre-cut chicken pieces or ask your butcher to chop them for you)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil Salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
For the tomato rice
- 8 roma tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
For the broccoli
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly
- Prepped broccoli forets
- (or 2 heads, chopped)
- Prepare the chicken and the tomato rice: Preheat the oven to 400?F. Arrange the chicken pieces in a single layer in a large roasting pan; drizzle with the olive oil, turning to coat. Sprinkle the chicken liberally with salt and pepper, then place the lemon slices on top.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Slice the tomatoes in half lengthwise, then toss with the olive oil on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with the salt.
- Transfer the chicken and tomatoes to the oven and roast until the chicken is cooked through (to an internal temperature of 165?F) and the tomatoes begin to shrivel and brown, about 30 minutes.
- Broil the chicken and tomatoes 5 minutes to crisp the chicken skin and blacken the tomatoes slightly. Place the chicken breasts and half of the tomatoes in separate containers; refrigerate for use on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Meanwhile, prepare the broccoli: Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring,until golden, about 30 seconds. Add the broccoli and sauté, stirring, 1 minute. Add a splash of water, cover the pan, and steam until the broccoli is tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Wrap up half of the broccoli and freeze for use on Friday.
- Reheat the prepared brown rice in the microwave. Transfer the remaining roasted tomatoes to a cutting board and roughly chop. Mix the chopped tomatoes with the warmed rice. Serve with the chicken legs, thighs, and wings and the remaining broccoli.