What you need:
- 7 oz. jar roasted red peppers, rinsed and well drained
- 5.2 oz. package garlic and herb Boursin cheese
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 12 slices sandwich bread or loaf of Italian bread
- Salt and pepper to taste
What to do:
For the dip:
Tear the peppers into strips, add to food processor, and pulse until finely chopped.
Crumble the cheese into the processor with peppers and process until well combined.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover, and chill. (Can be made 3 to 4 days in advance.)
For the toast:
Warm the oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
Add garlic and heat together for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Transfer oil to a bowl and cool.
Meanwhile, using a 3-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut bread into hearts and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Alternately, Italian bread can simply be cut into thin slices.
Using a brush, lightly dab garlic oil onto both sides of the bread.
Season lightly with salt and pepper and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from oven and serve, or cool completely on a baking rack, and store in a resealable plastic bag or airtight container for 3 to 4 days.
Photo Credit: Elena Danileiko/Thinkstock