Serves 4 to 6
The lettuce wraps
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 Tbsp light-brown sugar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1½ lb flank steak
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves, for serving
The dipping sauce
- 1 cup canned pineapple tidbits, drained
- 3 Tbsp honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 to 4 russet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
1. Combine soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, and olive oil in a baking dish. Remove 2 Tbsp of the mixture to a bowl; set aside. Place steak in the baking dish; turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate at least 20 minutes.
2. Toss carrots in bowl with reserved marinade, cover, and refrigerate.
3. Puree pineapple, honey, lime juice, scallion, and olive oil in a blender. Season with salt and pepper. Cover; refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. Pierce potatoes with a fork before cooking. Microwave them two at a time for 4 minutes. Slice each potato into eight wedges; toss with olive oil, five-spice powder, and salt.
5. Preheat grill to medium-high; lightly oil grate. Arrange potatoes and steak on grill. Cover. Cook until nicely marked, 6 to 7 minutes. Flip; continue to cook until potatoes are tender and the steak registers 145F on a meat thermometer, about 6 minutes more.
6. Remove steak to cutting board; let sit 5 minutes. Thinly slice against the grain. Serve with lettuce and carrots for wrapping and the fries on the side.
More grilling recipes:
Sausage Hot Dogs
Grilled Vegetable Salad