What You Need:
- A paper grocery bag
- 4 envelopes (25 “4 Bar” envelopes, $6, jampaper.com)
- Paper clips
- A 1/8" hole puncher (standard size is also fine)
- Plastic fish and feather flies
What To Do:
1. Place a flattened grocery bag upside down on a table with the bottom flap face down (the open edge should face you). To make the arm holes: Starting at each upper corner, draw a semi circle that extends 4 to 5 inches down. Cut them out; be sure to cut into the top layer and sides only.
2. Starting a few inches in from each side, draw a “V" at the top of the bag; the point should be about even with the middle of the armholes. Then draw a line from the point straight down to the bottom edge.
3. From open edge, cut straight up the middle of the bag, then cut out the “V.” Open the top flap and cut two parallel lines to the back of the back. Cut across the back edge to remove.
4. Using a 1/8" hole punch (standard size is OK too), punch a hole or two into envelopes, then use unfolded paper clips to attach plastic fish and feather flies through holes.
5. Glue envelopes to front of vest, two on each side.
Photo Credit: Gretchen Easton