Miso-Glazed Salmon and Broccoli
- 3 Tbsp white miso paste (find it in the dairy aisle)
- 4 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 lb center-cut salmon fillet, cut into 4 portions
- 2 finely sliced scallions (white and about 1" of green part)
- Line the broiler pan with foil and grease with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat the broiler.
- In a small bowl, whisk together miso paste, rice vinegar, and sugar.
- Place the salmon in a large, shallow bowl. Pour the mixture over the fish and turn the fish to coat on all sides.
- Remove from bowl and broil the salmon about 6 inches from the heat for 10 to 12 minutes, or until it is opaque in the center and crispy on the top. Sprinkle with scallions.
Makes 4 servings
Tip: Microwave broccoli florets for 5 minutes or until tender-crisp. Toss with olive oil, almond slivers, lemon zest, salt, and parsley.
Spinach Ravioli Lasagna | Microwave a 10-oz box of frozen chopped spinach according to the directions. In a baking pan, assemble two layers of marinara sauce, frozen cheese ravioli, spinach, and shredded mozzarella. Bake at 400°F for 35 minutes or until bubbly.
Side note: Chop a head of cauliflower and toss with olive oil, minced garlic, and salt to taste. Spread on baking pan. Place in oven and let roast for about 20 minutes while lasagna is baking. Yummy as leftovers, too!
"Pulled" Turkey Sliders | Toss a package of Perdue Short Cuts, cut into bite-sized pieces, with BBQ sauce and chopped scallions.
Side note: Put on rolls and broil until warm. Serve with sweet potato fries.
Lemon Chicken with Confetti Israeli Couscous
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp torn basil, for garnish (packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants!)
- 1 lemon, sliced, for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups Israeli couscous
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 10-oz box frozen corn
- 1/2 10-oz box frozen green beans
- 1 finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Place each chicken breast half between heavy-duty plastic wrap and pound to about 1/4" thickness, using a small, heavy skillet. In a shallow plate, combine salt, pepper, and flour. Roll the chicken in the flour, coating completely.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the chicken in a single layer for about 3 minutes, turning once. You may need to do this in batches to avoid overcrowding. When the chicken is cooked, transfer it to a plate.
- Add the broth to the skillet and bring it to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the liquid is reduced by half. Stir in the lemon juice and spoon over the chicken. Sprinkle with basil and garnish with lemon slices.
- Cook couscous according to directions on box. Drain and returnto the pot and stir in the olive oil and red pepper flakes.Cook the frozen veggies and mix into couscous. Season with salt, pepper, and parsley.
Photo Credit: Tara Donne