Serves 6 to 8 | Total time: 45 min
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 cup lentils, picked through and rinsed
- 4 cups water
- 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup tiny bow-tie pasta (or orzo, ditalini, or other small shape)
- ½ tsp salt
- ? tsp black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a medium soup pot over medium-high. Add the garlic, onion, and coriander, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, until slightly softened.
2. Add the lentils and water and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes, until lentils are softened but not cooked through.
3. Add the tomatoes and bring to a boil; add the pasta and boil 10 minutes, until pasta and lentils are cooked through. Stir in salt and pepper. Cook 1 minute and then serve.