Makes 2 dozen
- 3 oz package cream cheese
- ½ cup butter, softened, plus 1 Tbsp
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Dash of salt
- ½ cup pecans, coarsely chopped, divided
- Blend cream cheese and ½ cup butter. Stir in flour. Chill 1 hour.
- Shape into 2 dozen 1" balls. (Divide before rolling to assure 24.)
- Place in ungreased small muffin (1¾") pans. Press dough against bottom and sides using mini tart shaper or a spatula.
- Beat together egg, brown sugar, the rest of the butter, vanilla, and salt just until smooth.
- Divide most of the pecans among tarts; add egg mixture. (To cut down on the mess, add a little to all 24 and go back and fill in skimpy ones.) Top with remaining pecans.
- Bake at 325°F for 25 minutes, or until filling is set. Cool. Keep several days, covered.
More holiday cookie ideas: