Makes 2 dozen
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup sweetened flaked coconut
- ¼ cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 3 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 3 oz white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a 2- to 3-quart saucepan.
- Toss in the sugar and salt. Stir for a minute until it is melted and gooey. Add the coconut and oats. Take off the heat, but keep batter warm.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of batter about 3 inches apart on the cookie sheets (about 8 cookies to a sheet).
- Bake until the edges are light golden brown, about 8 to 9 minutes. Cool on the sheets for a few minutes, until cookies can be transferred to a wire rack for cooling.
- To decorate, melt chocolate in separate bowls, transfer to sealable bags, and snip a ¼" opening in one corner. Put cookies back on the parchment-lined cookie sheets and drizzle chocolate on top. Freeze for a couple of minutes, until the chocolate sets.
More holiday cookie ideas: