What you need:
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- Olive oil for greasing pan
- 2 cups marinara sauce, homemade or store-bought
What to do:
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the egg, yogurt, milk, garlic, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Add the torn bread, stir to combine, and let sit for ten minutes until the bread has absorbed most of the liquid.
- Mash bread with a fork to form a paste. Stir in ground turkey and mix well. Chill mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously coat a cookie sheet with olive oil. Slightly moisten hands with water and form 1 tbsp. turkey mixture into a small ball and place on prepared pan. Repeat with remaining mixture. (You should have about 35 meatballs.)
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until firm and fully cooked.
- Warm the marinara sauce over low heat or in the microwave.
- Remove meatballs from baking sheet and serve on a plate alongside sauce.
- The meatballs can also be made in advance, placed in a resealable plastic bag and refrigerated for three to four days, or frozen for up to six weeks.