What You Need:
- 1 1" foam brush
- 1 12" round cardboard cake circle
- 12 drink lids
- Chalkboard paint
- ¾" number stickers
- 1 12" square of oilcloth
- 1 7" plate
- Tacky glue
- 38" rope, plus extra for hanging
What To Do:
1. Use foam brush to paint cardboard cake circle and centers of the drink lids with chalkboard paint. Let dry.
2. Affix the number stickers to the centers of the drink lids, 1 through 12.
3. With the pencil, trace the cardboard circle onto the back of the oilcloth and cut out. Trace the plate in the center of the oilcloth circle and cut out.
4. Glue the remaining oilcloth ring to the cardboard circle, and then glue the drink lids on top of the oilcloth. To help you space them evenly, begin with 12, 6, 3, and 9 o’clock.
5. Glue rope around the edge of the cardboard ring and create a 10- to 12-inch loop at the top to hang the clock.
6. Let your child use chalk to draw the clock’s hands!
Bed at 8 p.m.? Have your child use chalk to draw the hour and minute hands in the correct position.
Excerpted from Project Kid by Amanda Kingloff (Artisan Books) © 2014.
Photo Credit: Alexandra Grablewski