Makes 65 to 70 Pieces
What you need:
• 28 squares honey graham crackers
• 1 cup light brown sugar
• 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
• 1 12-oz package semisweet chocolate chips
• 1 cup mini candy of your choice
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line a jelly roll pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Spread honey graham crackers until pan is full to all sides.
4. Combine brown sugar and butter in saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a rolling boil and remove from heat.
5. Pour over graham crackers and spread until evenly coated. Bake for 10 minutes.
6. Remove and pour package of chocolate chips over whole pan.
7. As chocolate melts, use back of spoon to spread chocolate to all sides.
8. Sprinkle with candy of your choice.
9. Allow toffee to cool for 1 to 2 hours.
10. Break into bite-size pieces and serve.
Courtney Dial Whitmore is the author of Candy Making for Kids and Push-Up Pops. She lives in Nashville, TN, with her husband. All recipes shown are excerpted from Candy Making for Kids by Courtney Dial Whitmore, reprint permission by Gibbs Smith Publishing.
Photo Credit: Mark Lund