Makes 24 Snowballs
What you need:
• 2 cups powdered sugar
• 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp almond extract
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 3 cups flaked coconut
What to do:
1. Mix powdered sugar, condensed milk, extracts, and salt together until well combined.
2. Stir in 1 cup of coconut. If dough is too stiff, add a little more condensed milk.
3. Shape into 1" snowballs (you’ll need to “sugar” your hands to keep them from sticking) and roll in remaining 2 cups of coconut.
4. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
Courtney Dial Whitmore is the author of Candy Making for Kids and Push-Up Pops. She lives in Nashville, TN, with her husband. All recipes shown are excerpted from Candy Making for Kids by Courtney Dial Whitmore, reprint permission by Gibbs Smith Publishing.
Photo Credit: Mark Lund