- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb box whole-grain fusilli pasta
- ¾ cup shelled walnuts
- Reserved prepped broccoli, thawed
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 1 cup loosely packed torn fresh basil
- 1? 3 cup olive oil
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water, then drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, toast the walnuts in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring often, until fragrant and golden, about 4 minutes. Transfer the walnuts to a food processor along with the broccoli, Parmesan, and basil, and pulse to combine. With the machine running, slowly pour in the olive oil. Finally, add salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Toss the pesto with the pasta, adding enough of the reserved pasta water to loosen the sauce. Serve with more Parmesan sprinkled on top.