- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1½ tsp ground cumin, divided
- Remaining prepped onion (or 1 onion, chopped)
- Remaining prepped pepper (or 1 red bell pepper, chopped)
- ½ zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 15.5 oz can black beans (do not drain)
- 4 burrito-size four tortillas
- Remaining cooked brown rice (1 cup)
- Sour cream, salsa, and/or guacamole, for serving (optional)
1. Brown the beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, breaking it up, about 2 minutes. Stir in the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and ½ tsp of the cumin, and continue cooking and stirring until the meat is no longer pink, about 5 more minutes. Remove the beef to a bowl with a slotted spoon and drain all but 1 tbsp of the drippings from the skillet.
2. Add the onion and pepper to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until they start to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the zucchini and cook 1 more minute; set aside.
3. Warm the beans (in their liquid) in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the remaining 1 tsp cumin, gently mashing some of the beans with your spoon.
4. Lay the tortillas on a work surface and fill with rice, vegetables, beef, and beans. Roll up and serve with sour cream, salsa, and/or guacamole, if desired.
More Quick Dinners
Cheesy Orzo with Bacon & Peas
BBQ Chicken with Ranch Couscous Salad
Scallops with Snow Peas & Tomatoes
Lemon Chicken with Tomato Rice and Broccoli
Tomato and Pepper Soup with Prosciutto Cheese Toasts
PHOTO: Christina Holmes