- Vegetable oil, for grilling
- 1 5.9-oz package
- Parmesan couscous (such as Near East brand)
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped
- fresh chives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 3 to 4 small tomatoes,
- cut into wedges
- 1 avocado, sliced
1. Preheat a grill to medium-high and lightly oil the grate. Cook couscous according to package directions. Meanwhile, whisk buttermilk, mayonnaise, and lemon juice together in a small bowl. Stir in chives and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss couscous with half of the dressing; set aside.
2. Pat chicken dry and season all over with salt and pepper. Arrange chicken on the grill and cook, covered, turning occasionally, until it registers 165?F on an instant-read thermometer, about 12 minutes. As the chicken nears doneness, brush with the barbecue sauce.
3. Slice chicken and serve over the ranch couscous with the tomatoes and avocado and more dressing drizzled on top.
More Quick Dinners
Cheesy Orzo with Bacon & Peas
Scallops with Snow Peas & Tomatoes
Lemon Chicken with Tomato Rice and Broccoli
Tomato and Pepper Soup with Prosciutto Cheese Toasts
PHOTO: Christina Holmes