What You Need:
- ? tsp grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- ? cup chunky peanut butter
- ? cup coconut milk
- ? cup water
- 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce (or to taste)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 chicken breasts (about ¼ lb each), cut into long strips, or 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat, cut into strips, and pounded to ¼" thick
- 10 wooden skewers soaked in water for 30 minutes
What To Do:
1. In a large bowl, mix the ginger, garlic, 1 tbsp of lime juice, soy sauce, honey, and peanut butter. Whisk together.
2. Put the chicken in a bowl or baking dish and pour the marinade over it. Let stand for 10 minutes.
3. For the sauce, put the peanut butter, coconut milk, water, sweet chili sauce, and soy sauce in a small pan. Warm gently, stirring constantly, until everything has melted together. Bring to a simmer and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until the sauce thickens. Remove from the heat, stir in 1 tsp of lime juice, and set aside.
4. Thread the chicken strips onto the skewers. Grill the skewers for about 5 minutes each side, or until the chicken is cooked through.
5. Remove the chicken skewers from the grill and put them on a clean plate. Warm the sauce again slightly and add an extra tablespoon of water if it has become too thick. Drizzle a little of the sauce over the skewers and serve the rest of the sauce in a bowl for dipping.
Makes 10 skewers
Photo Credit: Dave King