No time to go grocery shopping? No problem! Here are 7 ideas for snacks made from items you just might have in your fridge or pantry right now.
- Peanut Butter-flies. Smear the top of a celery stick with peanut butter and add two pretzels for the wings. Stick on raisin eyes, and presto! Peanut butter-flies!
- Kabob it! Put anything — fruits, raw veggies, berries, cheese cubes — on a stick to add instant appeal.
- Twisted Trail Mix. To make this moister variation of the classic, put 1 cup nuts, 1 cup unsweetened cereal, ½ cup dried berries (or other dried fruit, diced), and 1 cup raisins in a sealable plastic sandwich bag. Mix in 1 tablespoon butter, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons sugar. Shake and serve (makes 5-7 servings).
- Apple Slices and Peanut Butter. The quickest and easiest of them all, this healthy snack provides protein and fiber.
- Smashing Smoothies. Mix fruit, berries, a cup of fruit juice or water, and some yogurt in a blender and enjoy!
- Stick O' Banana. Put a popsicle stick through the bottom of a banana, roll in yogurt and graham cracker crumbs, and freeze for a delightful treat.
- Grahamwiches. Combine ½ cup peanut butter or cream cheese, 1 banana, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, then spread on graham crackers to make delicious (and nutritious!) little sandwiches.