Most children love peanut butter. Here is a simple and delicious sauce that your child can help create in the blender. Make it as mild or spicy as you like by modifying the amount of cayenne pepper and garlic you use. This is a great way to introduce your child to Japanese soba noodles. They have a unique, nutty flavor that kids usually love!
What you need:
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp. garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 8 oz. cooked soba noodles or spaghetti
What to do:
- Invite your child to observe the lines on a measuring cup. Use water to introduce fractions by showing her how two quarter cups of water make a half cup. In an empty cup, ask him to help you measure out the peanut butter and hot water.
- Mix together in a blender at low speed.
- Help your child measure and count out the rest of the ingredients, except the noodles, and blend until smooth.
- Serve on warm soba noodles or spaghetti.