What you need:
- 1 Cup lowfat vanilla, lemon, or apple yogurt
- 1 Cup unsweetened applesauce
- One quarter teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons granola or another crunchy cereal of your choice
What to do:
- Wash everyone's hands thoroughly.
- Measure the vanilla yogurt and the applesauce in a mixing bowl, using a big wooden spoon.
- Measure and stir in the ground cinnamon.
- Help your child spoon the mixture into 4 small bowls. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of the granola or other crunchy cereal.
- Talk with your child about how applesauce is made. Invite her to guess what food is used to make yogurt. Discuss the nutrients that are in yogurt and applesauce.