Nothing but fresh fruit goes into these easy blender pops. The trick is to use almost over-ripe fruit. One batch makes 6 pops.
What you need:
- 2 Very ripe bananas
- 10 to 15 Very ripe strawberries (small)
- 1 Very ripe mango or papaya (or 3 kiwis)
- 6 Popsicle sticks
What to do:
- Ask your child to help you wash and clean the fruit.
- Your child can peel and slice the banana with a plastic serrated knife.
- After you have peeled the mango (or papaya or kiwi) your child can use the plastic knife to make small chunks.
- Ask your child to place the fruits in a blender. You might ask: How will the fruits change after they are blended? Turn on the blender and witness the change.
- Invite your child to watch you pour the liquid fruit into popsicle containers or paper cups.
- Ask your child to place a popsicle stick into each container.
- You might ask: Is it easy to move the stick? Do you think it will be easy to move it when the pop is frozen? Let's try it and see!
- After the pops are frozen, your child can observe how the fruit has changed from the blended fruit to the frozen fruit. Here is a great question to ask: How can you make your solid fruit pop a liquid again?