Media Literacy Resources for Kids
- The Center for Media Literacy offers lesson plans and teaching tools, some free, as well as news and research in the field.
- Project Look Sharp offers teaching kits and Internet
- PBS Parent’s Guide to Media has a parent’s section that is useful for media literacy strategies.
- Media Awareness Canada supplies guidance on how to use the Internet critically.
- British Film Institute offers free, downloadable K–8 resources including a media literacy template called Look Again.
- Cable in the Classroom gives an excellent overview of media literacy concepts.
- Media Literacy Clearinghouse has links to Internet articles and resources.
- Literacy Through Photography provides ways for students to express themselves through photography and text.
- Alliance for a Media Literate America, an educators’ organization, is committed to promoting media literacy education that is focused on critical inquiry, learning, and skill-building.