A New Years Resolution is “a promise that you make to yourself to start doing something good, or stop doing something bad beginning on New Year’s Day and continuing throughout the year.” The beginning of a new year is a great time to start brand new, to think of some goals for how to be a better person. No one is perfect, and this is a great time to think about ways that you can improve in the coming year.
Here are some ideas for New Year's resolutions:
- Be a better friend and a better listener.
- Change my closet and develop a better style.
- Try a new sport or activity.
- Be more polite.
- Get good grades.
- Do more arts and crafts activities and more D.I.Y. fashion activities.
- Eat healthier. (No more soda or candy!)
- Spend less time on the computer/mobile device.
- Read interesting books.
- Learn how to cook at least one meal.
- Talk to someone at school who is very different than you.
Your New Year's resolutions and goals can be about anything, from saving more money so you can buy a really cool toy that you like, to making more friends, or to spending more time with your sibling. Start jotting down some goals. After you finish, keep the paper somewhere that you can see it constantly, like on your refrigerator or on a wall in your room. Give yourself credit for all your success, and check off the things on your list that you have completed as the time passes.
Leave a Comment with your New Year's resolutions. Happy New Year!