In MasterChef Junior kids aged 8–13 compete against each other to win a giant trophy and $100,000. This season will feature live lobsters, giant gingerbread houses, and guest judges like First Lady Michelle Obama, Wolfgang Puck, that muppet chef from The Muppets, and Miss Piggie.
I love the show not only because it’s entertaining, and these kids are REALLY good chefs, but it’s actually very dramatic and funny. Sometimes the kids cry when other contestants are eliminated and sent home … because they actually became friends and they are sad. It’s really great TV. And I actually learn a lot about cooking!
If you’re hungry for more, take a crack at our MasterChef Junior Would You Rather.
Would You Rather:
- Cut your finger while slicing bok choy (a type of Chinese cabbage) OR burn your finger taking a blue cheese soufflé out of the oven?
- Prepare super fancy … fish sticks OR hot dogs?
- Get eliminated in the first episode OR last episode?
- Have to eat lamb chops OR calves’ (baby cow) liver?
- Keep your friends close and your enemies closer (as Sarah bribed Jack with a gummy bear) OR just genuinely be friends with everybody?
- Have to cook an original recipe with snails OR brussel sprouts?
Give us know the recipe (your answers) in the Comments below.