Ready for a haunted Halloween? Or do you prefer the treats to the tricks? Whether you like your Halloween super scary, or light and airy, take our Halloween Trivia Quiz to get in the mood!
- What is another name for Halloween? ___ ______ ___ (Hint: 3 words)
- When did trick-or-treating first start in America?
A. 1492 B. 1615 C. 1911 D. 1968
- In Mexico, the day after Halloween is a giant celebration called Dia de los Muertos. What does this mean in English?
- What was the most popular Halloween costume for kids in 2011?
A. Vampire B. Batman C. Princess
- What was the most popular adult costume in 2011?
A. Ghost B. Angry Bird character C. Witch
- What animal do you NOT want to cross your path or else you'll have bad luck?
A. 3-toed sloth B. Purple gerbil C. Black cat
- What monster creation was made from a corpse and brought to life by electricity? (Hint: There is more than 1 possible answer.)
- Where did Count Dracula live?
A. Cairo, Egypt B. Transylvania, Romania C. Hollywood, California
- What strong smelling food will keep vampires away?
A. Apple pie B. Moldy cheese C. Garlic
Check your answers!
- ANSWER: All Hallows Eve.
- ANSWER: 1911. Back then it was called "guising" and children would go around the neighborhood receiving fruit, treats, and money. It started in Scotland and Ireland, and was brought to America when they settled here.
- ANSWER: Day of the Dead.
- ANSWER: C. Princess. According to the National Retail Federation, #1 was a Princess! Sorry guys. It was followed by #2 Witch and #3 Spiderman.
- ANSWER: C. Witch. It was followed by #2 Pirate and #3 Vampire.
- ANSWER: Black cat! If a purple gerbil crosses your path, then, umm, you have other problems.
- ANSWER: Dr. Frankenstein's monster! The monster's name isn't actually Frankenstein. That is the name of the doctor who created him. British author Mary Shelley wrote the book Frankenstein when she was 21 years old in 1818. If you said Sparky from Frankenweenie, you also get full credit, but know that Frankenstein came first.
- ANSWER: Transylvania, Romania
- ANSWER: Garlic!
Let us know if YOU have any good Halloween stumpers, and how psyched you are for Halloween in the Comments below!