YOUR ADVENTURE AWAITS SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning. To enter the Your Adventure Awaits Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes"), visit www.scholastic.com/adventureawaits and submit a short paure you'd like to take with your family along with your name, email and mailing address. The Sweepstakes begins May 24, 2015, 12:01 a.m. ET and all entries must be received by September 30, 2015, 11:59 p.m. ET. Only one entry per person an In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address used to submit the online entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Scholastic Inc., the sponsor of the Sweepstakes ("Scholastic") reserves the right to disqualify any entry it deems to be offensive, inappropriate, not in keeping with its image, or not completed in good faith, in its sole discretion.
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (and the District of Columbia) who are currently (1) 18 years of age or the age of majority in their state of residence and (2) are the parent and/or legal guardian of at least one child who is currently 12 years of age or younger at the time of entry. Employees (and their immediate families and those living in the same household of each employee, whether or not related) of Scholastic, Church & Dwight Co., Inc, their parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their advertising, promotion and production agencies are not eligible to enter. The Sweepstakes is governed by these Official Rules and is subject to all applicable U.S. federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited by law.
3. PRIZING. One (1) Grand Prize Winner (the "Grand Prize Winner") will be randomly selected by Scholastic from among all eligible entries on or about October 14, 2015 and notified by phone or e-mail on or about October 28, 2015. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. The Grand Prize Winner and their entry may be featured, in Sponsor's sole discretion, on Sponsor's website at www.scholastic.com/adventureawaits. Grand Prize Winner will receive a trip for their family (four 4 people maximum, two of which must be the Grand Prize Winner and the Grand Prize Winner's child who is under 18) to Acadia National Park for 6 days/5 nights of their choice, except for blackout periods in Sponsor's discretion; hotel or resort accommodations of Sponsor's choosing; and Round-trip air transportation in coach class for four (4) from the gateway city closest to Grand Prize Winner's residence (Approximate retail value ("ARV"): $10,000).
The first Two Thousand Five Hundred (2,500) entrants (the "Runner Up Prize Winners") will receive an age-appropriate book from Scholastic. (Approximate retail value of each book: $6.99). (Approximate retail value for all of the prizes: $27,475).
Prize is non-transferable, non-assignable and no cash alternative will be offered except in the event of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Prize details are based on availability and trip must be booked and completed by no later than September 30, 2016 or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Advance reservation is required, subject to availability. All federal, state and local taxes on the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of Grand Prize Winner. Any portion of the Grand Prize not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by the Grand Prize Winner will be forfeited and will not be substituted. Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply.
Actual value of the Grand Prize may vary based on point of departure and dates of travel. Actual value of the Grand Prize awarded may be lower or higher at the time of its fulfillment. Any difference between actual value and stated ARV (if actual value is lower than stated ARV) will not be awarded. The Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for all trip fees and expenses not specified herein as being awarded, including, without limitation, flight changes, ground transportation, taxes, meals, beverages, incidentals and gratuities. Travel must be made through the Sponsor, on a carrier of Sponsor's choice. Grand Prize Winner and his/her traveling companions will be required to travel on identical itineraries. If Grand Prize Winner lives within a 100-mile radius of Acadia National park, round-trip ground transportation selected by Sponsor may be substituted for round-trip airfare. The Grand Prize Winner and his/her traveling companions will be required to provide valid government issued photographic ID and/or other required travel documents, such as a valid passport, at time of travel. The Grand Prize Winner and his/her traveling companions are responsible for obtaining travel documents. If Grand Prize Winner cancels the trip at any time, the Grand Prize Winner agrees to forfeit the Grand Prize immediately, and Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award the Grand Prize to a runner-up.
5. GENERAL. By entering, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Scholastic, Church & Dwight Co., Inc and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, prize suppliers and all others associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and employees of the foregoing (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all claims, injuries, damages, or losses to the person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in this Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of a prize, including, without limitation, travel related thereto. The Grand Prize Winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (where permitted by law) within ten (10) business days of notification attempt or an alternative winner may be selected. The Grand Prize Winner's travel companions (or parent/legal guardian if under the age of majority) will also be required to sign a liability/publicity release (where permitted by law) prior to issuance of travel documents. Subject to all applicable laws. By entering and/or accepting a prize, entrants grant to Scholastic, Church & Dwight Co., Inc and their designees the right to use his or her name, likeness, hometown, biographical information, and entry for purposes of advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without further notice, permission, or compensation, except where prohibited by law.
The Released Parties are not responsible for interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections; for lack of availability or accessibility, or miscommunications due to failed computer, satellite, telephone, or cable transmissions or lines; for technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions; for computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures, or difficulties; or for any other computer, network, technical, typographical, human or other error, problem, or malfunction related to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors, problems, or malfunctions that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the announcement of the prizes, the processing or judging of entries, or any Sweepstakes-related materials. The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants' or to any other persons' computer (whether hardware or software), relating to or resulting from downloading materials or software in connection with this Sweepstakes.
If for any reason (including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of Scholastic, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes) the online portion of the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Scholastic shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes.
6. GOVERNING LAW; VENUE: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. In addition, any dispute relating to the Sweepstakes (including these Official Rules) shall be brought in the appropriate state or federal court having jurisdiction over the subject matter located in New York, New York. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction that they may have. Any and all claims, judgment and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees and under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives, all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
7. WINNERS LIST. The name of the winners will be available on approximately December 28, 2015. You may request these names by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by February 28, 2016 to: Your Adventure Awaits Sweepstakes Winners List, Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, 5th Floor, NY, NY 10013.
Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10013
For any questions or concerns regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact P&Cconnects@scholastic.com