Keep Kids Reading
Now more than ever, reading is vital to leading a better life. It's the door opener to the 21st century for all children. Knowing how to read is just the beginning. Motivating young people to keep reading, comprehend what they read, and develop the ability to think creatively are the end goals.
READ 100,000 motivates students to read as a part of a school team. Kids log their minutes spent reading, participate in weekly reading challenges, earn digital rewards, find great books to read, and more. It's a way for your school to recognize young readers and reinforce reading skills.
You can encourage your child to participate. Here are a few ways you can promote reading in your own home:
- Encourage your child to choose the books they want to read.
- Share the books that you loved as a kid with your own child.
- Start a Family Book Club, and enjoy the same book together.
- Visit the Book Fair with your child.
- Encourage reading every day with library visits, story time at home, and conversations about books. Let your child see you reading.
We hope your family makes READ 100,000 a part of your family fun.