1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning. To enter the Tiny Travelers Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes"), visit www.scholastic.com/tinytravelers and complete the required personal information, including your name, address, email address, and phone number. The Sweepstakes begins February 1, 2014, 12:01 a.m. EST and all entries must be received by April 30, 2014, 11:59 p.m. EST. Only one entry per person and/or household. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the e-mail account. Scholastic Inc., the sponsor of the Sweepstakes ("Scholastic"), and Disney Destinations, LLC ("Disney"), reserve the right to disqualify any entry they deem to be offensive, inappropriate, not in keeping with their images, or not completed in good faith, in their sole discretion.
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia) who are currently 18 years of age or older and are the parent and/or legal guardian of at least one child who is currently 17 years of age or younger at the time of entry. Employees (and their immediate families and those living in the same household of each employee, whether or not related) of Scholastic, Disney, their parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their advertising, promotion and production agencies are not eligible to enter. Void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. territories and where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. PRIZING. One (1) Grand Prize Winner (the "Grand Prize Winner") will be randomly selected by Scholastic from among all eligible entries on or about May 6, 2014 and notified by phone or e-mail on or about May 6, 2014. The Grand Prize Winner will receive up to four (4) round trip coach air tickets between the major gateway airport closest to Grand Prize Winner's residence and the Orlando International Airport; four (4) round trip ground transfers between the Orlando International Airport and the Walt Disney World® Resort via Disney’s Magical Express Service; room accommodations consisting of one (1) standard room(s) (with a maximum of four (4) persons per room) for four (4) night(s) at a hotel at the Walt Disney World® Resort selected by Disney in its sole discretion, based on availability; four (4) 5-Day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper® Option; one (1) Disney Gift Card with a value of $500.00; one (1) Welcome Basket in winner’s Walt Disney World® Resort hotel room [Grand Prize Winner only]; one (1) Disney Character Dining experience for four (4) persons; one (1) Disney Character Meet and Greet with photo opportunity for four (4) persons; choice of any Disney PhotoPass™ Service products, valued up to $300 (fulfilled with a Disney Gift Card;online registration required); VIP viewing for one (1) Disney Theme Park parade or show for four (4) persons (parade and/or show selection and date of experience are at the discretion of Disney; based on availability: restrictions apply). Approximate retail value: $9,987.48. The Grand Prize Winner’s travel companions must be family members ("Family," solely for the eligibility purposes of this Contest, is defined as at a minimum being the entrant and at least one child who is 12 or under at the time of entry and who the entrant is the parent and/or legal guardian of) .
Three (3) Runner Up Prize Winners (the "Runner Up Prize Winners") will receive a Melissa & Doug Trunki suitcase filled with a Mickey Mouse Ear hat for kids; Mickey Mitts, Plush Mickey Mouse Gloves; Mickey Mouse and Friends Two-Sided Tee; Mickey Mouse and Friends Storybook Beach Towel; Mickey Mouse Plush - Walt Disney World® 2014 - 12''; and a Disney Classics Little Golden Book Library. (Approximate retail value: $159.74). (Approximate retail value for all of the all prizes: $10,466.70).
Prizes are non-transferable, non-assignable and no cash alternative will be offered except by Scholastic in the event of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Taxes on prizes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the Winners. Actual value of the Grand Prize may vary based on point of departure and dates and of travel. The Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for all trip expenses not specified herein as being awarded, including, without limitation, meals, hotel room service, laundry service, alcoholic beverages, merchandise, souvenirs, etc., local and long distance telephone calls, tips, gratuities, service charges or taxes; all other charges and items not otherwise described above, flight changes, ground transportation, taxes, meals, beverages, incidentals and gratuities. Travel must be made through Scholastic, on a carrier of Scholastic’s choice. If Grand Prize Winner lives within a 250-mile radius of Walt Disney World® Resort, round-trip airfare will not be provided. The Grand Prize Winner and his/her traveling companions will be required to provide valid government issued photographic ID and/or other required travel documents, such as a valid passport, at time of travel. The Grand Prize Winner and his/her traveling companions are responsible for obtaining travel documents. If Grand Prize Winner cancels the trip at any time, the Grand Prize Winner agrees to forfeit the Grand Prize immediately, and Scholastic may, in its sole discretion, award the Grand Prize to a runner-up. Certain travel restrictions, including blackout date, may apply.
5. GENERAL. By entering, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Scholastic, Disney and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, prize suppliers and all others associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and employees of the foregoing (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all claims, injuries, damages, or losses to the person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in this Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of a prize, including, without limitation, travel related thereto. The Grand Prize Winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within ten (10) business days of notification attempt or an alternative winner may be selected. The Grand Prize Winner’s travel companions will also be required to sign a liability/publicity release. Subject to all applicable laws. By entering and/or accepting a prize, entrants grant to Scholastic, Disney and their designees the right to use his or her name, likeness, hometown, biographical information, and entry for purposes of advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without further notice, permission, or compensation, except where prohibited by law.
The Released Parties are not responsible for interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections; for lack of availability or accessibility, or miscommunications due to failed computer, satellite, telephone, or cable transmissions or lines; for technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions; for computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures, or difficulties; or for any other computer, network, technical, typographical, human or other error, problem, or malfunction related to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors, problems, or malfunctions that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the announcement of the prizes, the processing or judging of entries, or any Sweepstakes-related materials. The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants’ or to any other persons’ computer (whether hardware or software), relating to or resulting from downloading materials or software in connection with this Sweepstakes.
If for any reason (including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of Scholastic, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes) the online portion of the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Scholastic shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes.
6. WINNERS LIST. The name of the winners will be available on approximately May 12, 2014. You may request these names by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by July 12, 2014 to: Tiny Travelers Winners List, Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, 5th Floor, NY, NY 10013.
Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10013
For any questions or concerns regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact P&Cconnects@scholastic.com