Books that Focus on Reading Workshop
By Beth Newingham on April 17, 2013
- Grades: 3–5
I have found these books useful and inspiring in my efforts to put reading workshops into practice in my classroom.
- Still Learning to Read: Teaching Students in Grades 3-6, by Franki Sibberson, Karen Szymusiak
- The Art of Teaching Reading, by Lucy McCormick Calkins
- On Solid Ground : Strategies for Teaching Reading K-3, by Sharon Taberski
- Beyond Leveled Books: Supporting Transitional Readers in Grades 2-5, by Karen Szymusiak, Franki Sibberson
- Reconsidering Read-Aloud, by Mary Lee Hahn
- Around the Reading Workshop in 180 Days: A Month-by-Month Guide to Effective Instruction, by Frank Serafini, Suzette Serafini-Youngs
- The Reading Workshop: Creating Space for Readers, by Frank Serafini
- Revisiting The Reading Workshop: Management, Mini-Lessons, & Strategies, by Barbara Orehove, Marybeth Alley
- The Reading Zone: How to Help Kids Become Skilled, Passionate, Habitual, Critical Readers, by Nancie Atwell
- What Really Matters for Struggling Readers: Designing Research-Based Programs, by by Richard L. Allington
Beth's Most Recent Posts
There are no other posts available.