Wrapping Up the School Year
Students write letters to their new teachers and to the students replacing them. Plus, they preserve their favorite memories from the school year!
- Grades: 3–5, 6–8
During this unit, students will write two letters: one to the person who will occupy their desk the following school year, and one to their next year's teacher. In Lesson Two, students use digital photos to create a personal classroom yearbook of their favorite events.
- Write a friendly letter to the student who will sit in their desk next year, giving them advice on what to expect.
- Write a letter introducing themselves to their next teacher.
- Select 10 events from the school year that have been significant to them.
- Choose 8-10 images that match their favorite parts of the year.
- Arrange the year's significant events in chronological order.
- Write captions describing each event.
- Create their own yearbook of pictures and captions.
Lesson Plans for this Unit
Students will share their yearbooks with classmates during an End-of-the-Year Autograph party.