Water Water Everywhere!
- Grades: 3–5
During this unit, students will write about how the same water has been reused for millions of years while describing the roles precipitation, evaporation, and condensation play in the water cycle. Each student will build a 3-D cloud that includes a labeled diagram of the water cycle, ten important facts about water, the definitions of eight water words, and a writing piece they publish describing how the water cycle works.
- Understand how the same water has been used over and over again through the water cycle
- Develop a list of ten important facts about water
- Define and use words associated with the water cycle
- Write a summary of how the water cycle functions
- Follow step-by-step directions to create a three-dimensional cloud with several components
Lesson Plans for this Unit
After students have assembled their clouds, hang them around the classroom and hallways for all to enjoy. After seeing our display, many of our staff members stop by each year by to tell the class what a great job they did.