Unit Plan: Journal Writing from a Graphic Timeline
- Grades: 6–8, 9–12
- Utilize brainstorming techniques in a writing exercise.
- Analyze important events in sequential order.
- Create a graphic timeline organizer.
- Set personal goals for the school year.
- Develop an understanding of journal style writing.
- Explore self-expression through journal writing.
Lesson Plans for this Unit
Students take their completed graphic timelines home and allow family members to make additions to the project. Create a time capsule in class to store the timeline for future use. Capsules can be made from decorated paper towel rolls or folders.