Unit Plan: Famous First Graders
- Grades: 1–2
As a way to get to know each other, the children become reporters, photographers, and movie producers to interview each other as they become "Famous First Graders." Learning to work as a team to interview the famous person and then produce a short movie helps establish a cooperative climate in our classroom. I guide the children as they create the roles and then help them learn the skills needed for their job. Part of the classroom is set up to look like an arrival area for famous people, like movie stars or the President.
- Listen to books.
- List famous people.
- Write how they are famous.
- Plan for an interview.
- Take still photos and video photos with a digital camera.
- Upload the photos to a computer and edit them.
- Interview each other.
- Tell information about themselves.
- Write about the Famous First Graders.
Lesson Plans for this Unit
Lesson 1: Famous People
Lesson 2: Digital Photographers
Lesson 3: Digital Video Photographers
Lesson 4: Famous First Graders!