The Three Little Pigs Extension Activities
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2
About this book
Respond to the Literature
TALK ABOUT IT
Share Personal Responses Ask children to describe their favorite part of the book. Invite them to check their predictions.
- Is this version of the story the same as or different from other versions you have heard? What parts are different?
- How do you think each pig felt when it heard the wolf at its doors? Why?
- What character in the story made the smartest decisions? Why do you think this?
THINK ABOUT IT
Create Alternative Story Endings Ask children to think about the story ending. Discuss other endings children have heard or imagined for The Three Little Pigs.
- Do you prefer happy endings or sad endings?
- What different ending would you like to see for the three little pigs?
Make a “Happy Endings/Sad Endings” chart. Fill it in with children's story ending ideas. Then encourage them to illustrate their endings.