The Snowy Day Discussion Guide
Five questions to guide children in a brief discussion about the book by author Ezra Jack Keats.
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2
About this book
Part of the Ezra Jack Keats Author Study
Peter vividly expresses the wonder children feel for the world around them. Whether it's snow falling, a squirrel scampering up a tree, or the sun shining, children are curious about what they see outside their windows and have a natural desire to know more.
Use the following questions to guide children in a brief discussion about Peter, the world outside his window, and the world outside their windows.
- Where do you think the story takes place? What are some clues?
- What are some ways you are like Peter?
- Do you remember waking up to a snowy world outside your window? What was it like? What did you do?
- Why do you think the snowball in Peter's pocket wasn't there when he checked before bed? Can you think of a way to save a snowball?
- What do you wonder about the world outside your window?