Send Home Activities: Fall Foliage Fun!
Take your child on a walk for a closer look at fall leaves.
- Grades: PreK–K
You will need:
- Leaves from different trees
1. Ask your child to touch the leaves. How do they feel? How are they different? Invite your child to sort the leaves by color, kind, or size. Count how many of each there are.
2. Try putting a leaf in a bowl of water. Does it float or sink?
3. Glue leaves on paper to make a fall collage. Your child can add twigs, bark, acorn caps, or other objects from nature to enhance the collage!
4. Press leaves between the pages of a book. Check on it a week later. What's happened to the leaf?
5. Make a leaf rubbing. Put a piece of paper on top of the leaf. Make sure the veins are facing up. Peel the paper off of a crayon, and rub on top of the paper. What appears on the paper?